Dear Parents of Kindergarten and First Grade Students,
We will start picking up only first and kindergarten students from the classroom at dismissal time.
We have to set some parameters for the staff and for parents to ensure a smooth and safe process.
- We will open the outside doors at 3:27.
- Parents are to wait in the lobby until teachers open their doors at 3:30
- Students must be ready at 3:30
- As the teacher sees the parent, she calls on their child
- After parents pick up their children, they leave immediately to allow the older students to pass through the hallway.
- Parents will wait in the lobby or outside weather permitting and wait for 2nd-5th grade students
- Parents should not wait in the hallway for the older siblings
Let’s work together to make it a smooth process.
Thanks you and I appreciate your cooperation!
A quick reminder that there will be no Extended Day today and tomorrow due to Parent-Teacher Conferences. If your child is in the program, please pick him up at 3:35.
Please dress your child for outdoor play. Students will be going out unless it is 19 degrees or lower with windchill. Students must wear boots, snow pants, winter coat and gloves to play on the playground equipment. It will also be helpful if you label your child’s items with their name.
Please note: Your child should arrive to school at 8:30 a.m. unless he/she is coming for breakfast.
No After School
Thursday, November 13, Wednesday, November 19,
and Thursday, November 20
Please pick your children up at 3:35 on these days!
سيلغى دوام برنامج مساعدة الأولاد بعد المدرسة
نهار الخميس الواقع في 13 تشرين الثاني ونهار الأربعاء 19 تشرين الثاني والخميس الواقع في 20 تشرين الثاني
الرجاء اصطحاب أولادكم الى البيت في الساعة 3:35 من بعد الظهر في هذه الأيام
Greetings Maples Families,
Please be sure to have your children arrive to school at 8:30. Students will line up inside the building only if temperatures fall below 19 degrees Fahrenheit with windchill. If you wish for your child to have breakfast, they may arrive at 8:10 and stay in the cafeteria until 8:30. This way they are not lining up outside in the cold weather. I appreciate your cooperation!
حضرة الأهالي الكرام
الرجاء ارسال أولادكم الى المدرسة في الساعة 8:30 صباحاً. سيسمح للطلاب بالانتظار داخل مبنى المدرسة فقط اذا كانت الحرارة أدنى من 19 درجة. اذا رغبتم أن يحصل ولدكم على وجبة الفطور في المدرسة عليكم باحضاره في الساعة 8:10 صباحاً حيث يمكنه البقاء في الكافتيريا حتى الساعة 8:30 صباحاً. في هذه الحال, تتجنبون انتظار ولدكم في البرد القارس خارج المبنى. أشكر لكم تعاونكم
Late Start Tomorrow, Wednesday
November 12, 2014
School starts at 9:35 a.m.
دوام متأخر غداً
الأربعاء 12 تشرين الثاني, 2014
سيبدأ الدوام في تمام الساعة 9:35 صباحاً
School is closed tomorrow, Tuesday, November 4th. It is also Election Day. Please exercise your right to vote. Your vote counts! Hold Harmless Mileage is one of the items on the ballot. Please review the fact sheets below about the Hold Harmless Mileage before you vote. See you Wednesday!
Free Workshop for Children ages 5-12 @ Dearborn Home Depot
- Come learn how to build a pallet coaster
- FREE hands-on workshops; designed for children ages 5 – 12
- All kid get to keep their craft, receive a FREE certificate of achievement, a Workshop Apron, and a commemorative pin while supplies last.
- Children must be present at the store to participate in the workshop and receive the kit, apron and pin.
- Kids Workshop activities are scheduled on a first come/first served basis. Please do not arrive before 9:00 a.m.
- Thank you for registering online to help us better plan our craft kit quantities needed.
Maples Elementary is going GREEN! Newsletters will be posted monthly on the Blog. You will receive an email when the Newsletter is posted.
You can also view it from the top menu under “Newsletters” or under “School Related Documents” from the side menu. November Newsletter will not be sent home with the students. If you need a hard copy, or know of someone who do not have access to the internet, hard copies are available in the school office.