Greetings Maples families,
The Detroit Lions Football Education Department presented an exciting, interactive character education initiative entitled “Lions Leaders for Life”, designed to teach our students not only what it takes to be a successful leader in life, but also how to maintain a healthier lifestyle. A Discussion was held about being a successful leader revolves around the Lions Leadership List, a list of six character traits one needs to have to be successful.
- L – LISTEN to your parents, teachers and coaches, and strive to LEARN each day at home, at school and in the community
- E – Get in your playbook and become better EDUCATEDby studying hard at school, understanding the importance of eating from the “5 MyPlateFood Groups,” along with getting at least 60 minutes of exercise per day; as recommended by NFL Play 60
- A – Develop a “game plan” by setting goals, and be AMBITIOUS in your desire for success
- D – No Penalties! Be DISCIPLINED and do what is right in all aspects of life
- E – Help your teammates and classmates by being an Encouragingperson who has a positive attitude, is a good friend and surrounds themselves with good people
- R – Win the game of life by being RESPONSIBLE for your actions, and executing your role